LPDC Home Page
Hillsboro City Schools Mission Statement
We provide a well-rounded experience that prepares each student to be successful in life.
The Local Professional Development Committee recognizes that society, schools, and students are ever changing and therefore, professional educators must be life-long learners themselves. Our mission is to strengthen the professional development of educators to assure that all students attain high levels of academic achievement.
Local committee members are:
Kristi Cluff 393-9877 email@example.com
Stephanie Haines 393-9877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Custis 393-3132 email@example.com
Diane Michael 393-3475 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Gobin 393-3132 email@example.com
Karen Schraw 393-3132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Paige Anderson 393-3132 email@example.com
Nancy Weiderman 393-9877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanya Hendrix 393-3485 email@example.com
Kathy Hoop 393-9877 firstname.lastname@example.org
2013-2014 MEETING SCHEDULE
MEETINGS WILL BE THE 2nd THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH
All meetings are scheduled in the Hillsboro Elementary Main Conference Room unless otherwise noted.
- Submit IPDP immediately following issuance of certificate/license.
- Refer to handbook regarding CEUs.
- Obtain prior approval from the LPDC committee for Group 4 activities (Appendix 10).
- Begin your professional development activity log after approval of your IPDP.
- Keep the activity log (Appendix 9)
- Maintain all certificates of attendance, transcripts, verification forms, etc. for future reference.
- Send applications and related materials for renewal or transition to LPDC Chairperson as soon as possible after January 1 of the year your current certificate/license expires.
- State application is available from the Director of Personnel or ODE on line.
- Verification of activities for Group 3 & 4 Activities (use Appendix 11).
- Certificates of Attendance
- Official Transcripts
- ODE Fee: Check or money order payable to treasurer, State of Ohio
- Application will be reviewed at the next LPDC meeting and sent to ODE if approved.
- Expect ODE to issue license in approximately 4-6 weeks. However, there can be delays for various reasons.
- Go back to Step # 1 as soon as you receive your new license.