HPDC Home Page
Hillsboro City Schools Mission Statement
We provide a well-rounded experience that prepares each student to be successful in life.
The Hillsboro Professional Development Committee recognizes that society, schools, and students are ever changing and therefore, professional educators must be life-long learners themselves. Our mission is to strengthen the professional development of educators to assure that all students attain high levels of academic achievement.
Local committee members are:
Kristi Cluff 393-9877 email@example.com
Alexis Kirk 393-3132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick McClanahan 393-9877 email@example.com
Diane Michael 393-3132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Yochum 393-3132 email@example.com
Jacob Zink 393-3132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollis Stevenson 393-3485 email@example.com
2012-2013 MEETING SCHEDULE
MEETINGS WILL BE THE 3rd THURSDAYS OF EACH MONTH
All meetings are scheduled in the Hillsboro City Schools Central Office unless otherwise noted.
- Submit IPDP immediately following issuance of certificate/license.
- Refer to handbook regarding CEUs.
- Obtain prior approval from the HPDC committee for Group 4 activities (Appendix 10).
- Begin your professional development activity log after approval of your IPDP.
- Keep the activity log (Appendix 9)
- Maintain all certificates of attendance, transcripts, verification forms, etc. for future reference.
- Send applications and related materials for renewal or transition to HPDC Chairperson as soon as possible after January 1 of the year your current certificate/license expires.
- State application is available from the Director of Personnel or ODE on line.
- Verification of activities for Group 3 & 4 Activities (use Appendix 11).
- Certificates of Attendance
- Official Transcripts
- ODE Fee: Check or money order payable to treasurer, State of Ohio
- Application will be reviewed at the next HPDC meeting and sent to ODE if approved.
- Expect ODE to issue license in approximately 4-6 weeks. However, there can be delays for various reasons.
- Go back to Step # 1 as soon as you receive your new license.